March 30, 2020
As your community partner, we continue to do our part in protecting our employees and members while providing accessibility to funds and financial products and services. As COVID-19 evolves we have made a decision to temporarily reduce open branch locations.
- Our Calipatria branch is now closed and will be open until further notice.
- This Friday April 3rd , will be the last day Imperial, Holtville, and Cardenas Market branches will be open until further notice.
- While night drops will no longer be available at these location, ATMs will still be functioning.
The rest of our Imperial and Coachella Valley branches remain open for now, with some modifications you can view here.
We will continue to reinforce social distancing by monitoring lobby traffic and we request that only individuals conducting their banking transactions enter our branches at this time. Please remember that as of today, all non-teller related in-person service needs will be served by appointment only.
We encourage you to use you debit card, ATM’s and Online Banking to avoid unnecessary visits or wait time in our lobbies.
We appreciate your patience as we continue evaluating all options in order to balance member needs with the best interest of the community as the situation evolves.
Please continue to check our website or social media pages for future branch operation updates.
March 20, 2020
On behalf of everyone at Sun, our hearts go out to all those impacted by COVID-19—for those diagnosed with the virus, their friends and family, those whose jobs and schools have been impacted and so many more. Our focus is, as always, on the health and safety of our colleagues, members and community.
As your community partner, we will do our part in protecting our employees and members. As developments with COVID-19 continue to evolve, so does our approach for conducting business safely and in alignment with recent CDC recommendations regarding limiting the number of people that should congregate in a common area. With that in mind, effective:
Monday, March 23, 2020:
- We will be reserving the first business hour of every weekday (Monday – Friday 9 am to 10 am) for our most vulnerable members, including those over 65 years old, pregnant women or those defined by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) as vulnerable or at-risk. Branch entrance monitoring will be in place.
- We will begin monitoring lobby traffic to follow CDC and Government recommendations including social distancing. You may be asked to wait outside if the lobby is full. Please review all branch signage and markers to allow for social distancing.
- Our Cardenas Market branch in El Centro will be reducing its services to teller transactions only.
Saturday, March 29th
- Our El Centro branch will only have drive-up access on Saturdays.
- Our Cardenas Market branch will be closed on Saturdays.
Monday, March 30th
- In order to reduce lobby traffic, your Non-Teller related in-person service needs will be by appointment only. Appointments can be made by visiting our website, www.suncommunityfcu.org or calling our Contact Center at 760-337-4200.
As previously mentioned, we encourage you to use Sun’s Online, Mobile and ATM banking which is available 24/7 and easy to use. If you don’t have some of these services, we are happy to set them up for you.
With the exception of the changes above, the branch hours currently remain the same. The Contact Center hours remain the same as well. Further changes and updates on how we are responding to the evolving COVID-19 situation will be communicated on our website at www.suncommunityfcu.org and through our social media pages on Facebook and Instagram. To remain informed on CDC recommendations and best practices to keep your family safe, please visit the links below.
We are grateful for your membership with Sun and will continue to serve you “the Sun Way” aligned with the current times.
March 18, 2020
Thank you all for your patience during this difficult time!
We wanted to let you know that currently branches are open with normal business hours. However, as the events surrounding the pandemic are evolving and our desire to practice “social distancing” for the care of all, we encourage you to utilize our alternate delivery channels for your basic banking needs as much as possible until the COVID-19 pandemic ends.
Use your personal computer, tablet or phone to do most of your banking!
- Online Banking—If you don’t have an account, you can create one by using the “Enroll in Online Banking” link on our website. You can use Online Banking to review your accounts, transfer funds, make payments and pay bills to outside vendors.
- Mobile Banking—You can bank from the safety of your smart phone when you download our Sun Community Mobile Banking app. You will need to enroll in Online Banking first in order to use Mobile Banking and use the same User ID and Password you created with Online Banking.
- Mobile Deposit Capture— This feature of our Mobile Banking app allows you to deposit checks with your phone or tablet by using your camera. Just take a picture of your paycheck, Social Security check or another type of check and deposit it into your account using Mobile Deposit Capture.
- Apply for Loans Online—You can apply directly online for a car or any consumer loan as well as a mortgage or home equity loan through the links in our website.
Your debit card allows you options to purchase goods and access cash without visiting the branch.
- ATM —Use an ATM at one of our branch locations or at a CO-OP Shared (Logo?) Branching location for simple transactions like withdrawing, depositing, or transferring funds.
- Merchant Cash Back—Many retailers, such as grocery stores, and larger box stores, like Walmart, offer cash back from your account when you use your debit card to make a purchase. This is a quick and easy way to get cash from your account.
Use the Drive-Thru at our available locations (El Centro, Calexico & Brawley) to deposit cash or checks, withdraw funds, transfer funds, or make loan payments.
If you do need to visit one of our branches, we ask that you be mindful of practicing good hygiene by washing your hands regularly and follow the guidelines and recommendations provided by the Centers for Disease Control.
If you are sick, we ask that for the safety of all you do not visit our branches and rely on the services outlined above.
Your money is safe! We understand there is a great deal of uncertainty regarding COVID-19. In times like these, a natural reaction may be to withdraw your cash and secure it somewhere in fear that you will not be able to access your money. We cannot emphasize enough how dangerous it is to withdraw large amounts of cash to store in your home or elsewhere. The safest way for you to protect yourself and your money is to leave it securely deposited at your credit union, where your funds are federally insured.
If you experience any financial hardship or difficulty making your Sun Community loan payments as a result of COVID-19 call us at (760) 337-4200 to learn how we might be able to help.
We will keep you updated on how we are responding to the evolving COVID-19 situation. Look for our latest updates on this page and through our social media pages on Facebook and Instagram. To remain informed on CDC recommendations and best practices to keep your family safe, please visit the links below.
Get In Touch
- Monday 9:00 AM - 5:00 PM
- Tuesday 9:00 AM - 5:00 PM
- Wednesday 9:00 AM - 5:00 PM
- Thursday 9:00 AM - 5:00 PM
- Friday 9:00 AM - 6:00 PM
- Saturday 9:00 AM - 1:00 PM
- Sunday Open all day